Community Partnership on Aging Partners with the Ohio Department of Aging STEADY U Campaign for Fall Prevention!
According to the Ohio Department of Aging, falls by older adults are among the leading cause of illness and injury and result in an injury every five minutes. Total estimated costs are astounding and can tally more than $5.2 MILLION every day!
Community Partnership on Aging is committed to preventing falls and is proud to announce our partnership with the Ohio Department of Aging STEADY U campaign for fall prevention. Watch this space for tips and updates on everything you can do to prevent falls, both from CPA and STEADY U!
Here are some things you can do to prevent falls:
1. Get information about or apply for the CPA Safe at Home Program, which includes three components:
– Minor Home Modification – eligible older adults that reside in one of the five CPA communities can apply for and receive tools and equipment that will assist in adapting their home for comfort and safety. Examples of this type of modification include shower/bath grab bars; transition strips, motion detector lights, stair handrails or other items. The Safe at Home Program is administered by a CPA Social Worker. For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Environmental Assessments – Conducted by a CPA Social Worker who will evaluate your home for any potential fall risks.
– Durable Medical Equipment Loan Program – CPA has a supply of new or gently-used DME such as walkers, rollators, canes, shower/bath chairs and more (as available) that have been donated to us and are sanitized prior to lending.
2. CPA offers A Matter of Balance classes on a regular basis each year! A Matter of Balance is an 8-week class that is proven to reduce falls among older adults. Classes will be scheduled beginning in March, and are held at one of the community centers CPA uses for programs. Dates will be posted here once they are confirmed; you can also call 216-650-4029.
3. Take the Falls Risk Self-Assessment test (click on the image to the right) to find out if you are at risk!
4. Watch here for the STEADY U Fall Prevention Tip of the Day! Falls are not a normal part of the aging process but the good news is that falls are preventable! Watch the Tip of the Day for suggestions on things you can do every day to stay active and healthy and falls-free.
All credit card sales are final – No refunds will be given
Event and Trip tickets are transferable.
In the event that Community Partnership on Aging deems it necessary to cancel an event or a trip refunds will be provided.