After 11+ wonderful years, our Volunteer Coordinator, Corinne is “hanging up her headphones” and retiring! We are seeking a well-qualified person to fill those big shoes!
Part-time Volunteer Coordinator
Community Partnership on Aging is seeking a part-time volunteer coordinator to manage a variety of annual and continual community services and programs as well as a corps of approximately 200 volunteers. Under the supervision of the Director, this position is responsible for volunteer recruitment, screening, education, assignment, scheduling, activity documentation, and guidance as well as the coordination of contractors and volunteer groups. Direction of volunteers is required in the office setting and community. Manage and update all materials and forms for volunteer roles as well as contractors. Maintain all volunteer data and information. The position is 30 hours per week.
- Special Skills, Knowledge and Abilities to Perform the Job:
Regular use of hands and fingers to handle; feel objects, tools and controls; reach and manage repetitive movements as required with data entry, and other work related to computers and a cell phone.
Frequent need to stand, sit, walk, stoop, carry up to 10 lbs.
Infrequent need to climb stairs.
Occasional need to travel in inclement weather.
- Cognitive, educational, and language requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred). Experience may substitute for education.
Ability to learn online databases to manage, analyze and report data.
Ability to speak, hear, understand and write the English language.
Ability to understand and use math.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher).
Display sensitivity to older adults.
Demonstrates the ability to analyze situations accurately, solve complex work-related problems and take effective action as needed.
Time management skills are a necessity.
Previous experience with Volunteer and Project Coordination preferred
- Recruit, interview, assess, train, evaluate and retain volunteers for assignments in organizational and community based projects.
- Actively develop and maintain positive relationships with agency staff, community contacts, and volunteers to create and offer opportunities to volunteer both within the agency and throughout the community.
- Create and sustain relationships with CPA clients and participants that request volunteer services.
- Maintain electronic database of volunteers, volunteer opportunities and service provided.
- Understand, follow, and educate volunteers in all policies and guidelines. Assure that policies are followed by volunteers.
- Update comprehensive volunteer manual including procedures and volunteer job descriptions as needed.
- Evaluate volunteer assignment in terms of satisfaction.
- Plan annual volunteer luncheon including securing caterer, invitations, favors, door prizes and related details. Work with Development Coordinator to secure donations to offset cost of event.
- Represent CPA Volunteer Program to actively recruit volunteers from local organizations.
- Participate in special programming and activities offered by CPA during off-hours and with advanced notice.
- Participate in meetings, in-service trainings, agency events as requested.
- Assist in field education for any student training at CPA.
This description represents the most significant duties of the position, but does not exclude other work as assigned by Executive Director. A background check and drug test are required prior to start of employment.