The CARE program is four agency collaboration that provides simple home management and maintenance tasks for seniors living in one of eight cities: Cleveland Heights, Highland Heights, Lyndhurst, Mayfield Heights, Mayfield Village, Maple Heights, Solon, and South Euclid. Tasks are performed by community volunteers. This innovative initiative seeks a part-time Program Coordinator who thinks creatively, works well both independently and as part of a team, and demonstrates leadership skills. Position is for up to 24 hours a week; salary range from $17.50 to $20.00 an hour (DOQ) plus fringe benefits (OPERS. Medicare, Workman’s Comp and mileage).
- Volunteer recruitment and retention:
- Recruit, interview, assess, train, evaluate and retain volunteers for assignments.
- Work with community organizations to inform them of volunteer opportunities with CARE; develop partnerships for future volunteer opportunities.
- Member enrollment:
- Market program to potential members.
- Interview and assess potential members for compatibility with program.
- Complete program reporting as needed. Maintain database of CARE members, volunteers, and other pertinent program statistics.
- Facilitate the monthly meeting of the CARE planning committee; ensure communications between program partners.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office; familiar with social media
Excellent oral and written skills
Ability to travel regularly and frequently within a 30 mile area, access to a car, possession of a valid driver’s license
Display sensitivity to aging
Ability to supervise and direct volunteers
Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, volunteers and community partners
Ability to provide leadership, as needed, in terms of program implementation
Ability to solve problems independently and handle emergency situations
This position is grant funded.
You can download the application (please resave as a new file with your last name and CARE Program in the subject line). Submit the application and a resume via this link.
Position open until filled.