Classes are forming now for Spring! Classes are led by trained professionals from Fairhill Partners.
Classes will be held in Mayfield Heights at Ross C. DeJohn Community Center and at South Euclid Community Center. Classes are also forming in Mayfield Village (date/time/location TBA). Please call Community Partnership on Aging at 216-650-4029 to sign up (Mayfield Heights or South Euclid) or to let us know you’re interested (Mayfield Village). Click here for additional class details.
“A MATTER OF BALANCE”
Do You Have Concerns About Falling?
This free program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
- View falls and fear of falling as controllable.
- Set realistic goals to increase activity.
- Change your environment to reduce fall risk factors.
- Exercise to increase strength and balance.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls.
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength.
- Anyone who has fallen in the past.
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns.
Upcoming “A Matter of Balance” Class Dates:
Spring Session 1 will begin on Friday, February 20 in Mayfield Heights at Ross C. DeJohn Community Center. Time for the class is 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
Spring Session 2 will begin on Thursday, April 2 and will be held at South Euclid Community Center from 12:30 PM -2:30 PM.
“HEALTHY U: TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR HEALTH”
Are you aged 60+ living with a long-lasting health condition?
Join this free six-week program, Six Weeks to Better Choices to help you live a healthier life!
This Class Will Help You To:
- Learn how to be your own healthcare advocate.
- Gain a sense of greater self-control over your quality of life.
- Identify strategies for coping with a chronic health condition.
- Build confidence in establishing supportive relationships.
- Improve management of symptoms of your chronic health condition(s).
- Set weekly action plans to improve your health-and your life!
Learn from trained leaders who understand what you are experiencing. Anyone 60+ living with a long lasting health condition is welcome to attend this workshop. Classes are 2.5-hours, once a week for six weeks.
The next “Healthy U” class will begin on Thursday, June 4 and will be held at South Euclid Community Center from 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM.