In order to provide tax returns to residents, this free service is available by appointment only and limited to simple, ordinary, personal tax returns. We are pleased to announce that the AARP tax program will now file returns for legally married same sex couples. This year, only copies of the e-file returns will be provided.
The tax program has undergone several significant changes this year as a result of the partnership between AARP and IRS. Please note the following:
You must bring all pages of your 2012 tax return with you.
You must bring ALL correspondence from the IRS or amendments to your 2012 tax return to your appointment, even if the issue is resolved.
You will be asked for one of the following pieces of information:
A driver’s license or state ID
Your 2014 Social Security statement
Your Social Security Card
The Tax Program will be available in all five communities, beginning the first week in February, for older adult residents. Appointments for residents of South Euclid, Lyndhurst, Highland Heights, Mayfield Heights and Mayfield Village will being taken now according to the schedule below. Appointments for non-residents will be taken on or after Wednesday February 26, 2014. When calling for an appointment, please be prepared to provide demographic information and the location where you would like to be seen.
- South Euclid Community Center: Call 216-291-3902 for a Tuesday appt.
- Lyndhurst Community Center: Call 216-291-3902 for a Wednesday appt.
- Highland Heights Community Center. Call Mary at 440-461-2440 to schedule an appointment.
- Mayfield Heights Ross DeJohn Community Center: Call 216-291-3902 to schedule a Thursday appt.
- Mayfield Village Community Room (one Monday each month). Call Donna at 440-919-2332 to schedule.